Monday, April 28, 2008

Two weeks! - Day 14

2 week mark!

The chest tube gets clamped off at 4 a.m., checked a few times during the morning, and is removed at 2 p.m.. Four o’clock seems to be a popular time in the morning, as every day since I’ve been on the ward, that’s when the portable x-ray arrives. I learned early on to turn on my reading light when I hear them coming – otherwise it’s practically guaranteed that the tech will hit the Interrogation Light instead – which does not set the stage well for a Kinder and Gentler Larry.

The only plastic contrivance still attached to me is IV tubing. I will continue to be flooded with antibiotic cocktails as a precaution until I’m discharged. I think I’m on my sixth type of antibiotic so far. Looks like one more week before I break free.

No comments: